Why & How to Fix a Slow Belkin Router Internet Connection ?
Hello Belkin Users
First of all Congrats & Thanks for Having the Belkin Router.
there is saying in our Town if you wanna Test a Man to Prove His Eligibility for Marriage & Responsibility Give Him a the Slow Internet Connect & See How he Reacts & Handle the Situation. Funny? Not Really
It’s a Proven fact that Nothing is More Annoying Than a Slow & Lagging Internet Connection.
Today We Help You Fix Your Internet Connection Speed With Belkin Router.
Note to Everyone- This Post is About Belkin Router But Most of the Concept Can be adapted for Any Home Networking Device. Such as Dlink, Arris, Netgear, Asus, Linksys Etc.
You Must be Already Wondering Few Questions In your Mind Such as –
why is my Belkin router so slow, What to Do About Belkin router slows download speed Or How to Perform Belkin router troubleshooting For slow Internet connection.
So Here We Present You an Ultimate Guide On How to Fix Slow Belkin Router Internet Connection. Please Read the Post till last & We Promise it will be Worth of Your Time.
why is my Belkin router so slow
Before We Tell You all cool ways to Fix the Problem We wanna stress the fact that Without knowing the Exact Problem one Can’t Fix the Problem So here is few possible reasons That Could Slow down your internet connection.
- Old Or Outdated Router With Older Firmware
- Internet Modem Compatibility Or damaged Cable Connectivity
- Overheating Or Non-Proper Router Placement
- Granted Speed From I.S.P(Internet Service Provider) Or Unwanted Device Connection
- Wrong Router Installation Or Incorrect channel Settings
- Thick Walls Or Wireless Conflict Or Overlap (Other Wireless Frequencies Devices )
- Pc Optimization
Let’s Start With Basic Troubleshooting of your Slow Internet Connection –
Basic Troubleshooting Slow Belkin Router Speed –
- Turn Off Your Modem & Belkin Router for 2-5 Minutes Let is Cool Down for While.
- In the Mean Time Contact Your Internet Service Provider & Ask them About your Internet Service Package (Make Sure Problem Is Not From Their Side)
- Turn Your Modem & Router On & Let the Lights Come On.
- Login to Your Belkin Router Using Default Gateway 192.168.2.1 & Check for Any Latest Firmware Update.
- Try these combinations for Username and Password- Username – Admin, Password = Admin Or Username – Admin & Password = password.
- if You Find Any Just Download & Install them. After Updating Firmware Perform a PowerCycle ( Reboot) to Your Devices.
- Under the Belkin Console, you Can See How many devices are Using your Internet & If You Think an Unwanted neighbour Or Somone Unauthorized Person is feeding on your Internet Your Better Block their devices from Router So they Can’t Connect With You Again.
- Keep Router Somewhere in the Middle of Your place Where It Can Cover Most of The Area. Belkin Recommends Using a Range Extender in case you have thick Walls Or Bigger Area to Cover.
- Change Your Login Password to Your Admin Console As well as your Wireless Password. Share it With Only People You Trust at Your Home and Ask them Not to share With Someone.
- Adjust The Channel Settings to the Recommended 1, 6 Or Channel 11 Because they Don’t Overlap.
Note to User – if you are trying to Compare the Speed Between a Wired-Or
Wirelessly Connected Device From the Router then You are mistaken. The Wired Connection Will Always have Better Speed than Wireless.
Reset Wireless Router –
If You See No Improvements After Trying All Steps Given Above then you must Reset Your Belkin Router.
- Use a Tiny Paper clip Or Object to Press & Hold the Reset key for 20 Seconds While it’s Powered On.
- Reboot the Belkin router & Perform Belkin Router Setup using your Computer.
- While Installing make sure you Keep all the tips given above in Mind So You Don’t make the same Mistake Again.
We Hope All this Information Helps you Understand & Fix a Slow Belkin Router Internet Connection.
Please Comment Below And Keep us Informed With Any New Issue Relating Router Speed & Connectivity. Thank you for Taking the time to read Our Post.
Can’t find the exact solution?
Contact us for Quick and easy solutions.
Call our Support on